On March 30, 2012, all Facebook Pages will get a new design.” So Page Admins have about 20 days to re-do their Pages to accommodate the Timeline layout.
If you agree or not it doesn’t matter you should do it.
On this post I have listed some tips you should know to re-do your Hotel page.
- The large cover image is 851x351px – you can change it often. You don’t know how to create it use this tips Facebook Timeline cover image
- Do not put contact info, calls to action, or arrows pointing to the Like button.
- Your profile picture is resized and displayed at 125x125px. Keep In mind to use the same profile picture on each Social Networks.
- There is No more default landing tab.
- Custom apps still work, though. (Fangating is now working again). Each tab/app still has a unique URL so you can drive traffic from inside or outside Facebook to any ‘landing page’ you wish. Try this tips 3 Like Gating Alternatives for the New Facebook Timeline you will find great ideas.
- 12 apps/views – only 4 are displayed at the top.
- Custom app/tab image is 111x 74px – great area to get creative! for all tabs excepted for E “Photos” and “Likes” (Facebook calls these “Views”, and you can have a maximum of 4 (including the Photos tab) displayed, with the rest hidden.
IMPORTANT: Page admins will see ALL of their tabs revealed by clicking the arrow. Non-admins will see a maximum of 12 tabs (including Photos), with 4 displayed and 8 hidden.
- The like button now tuns to “liked” when clicked.
- Encourage your fans and visitors to add you to an Interest List; let them know which topic is Yours. (Cooking, Sport, Art…) If you are a Pinterest addict you can use the same topics. (Pinterest is also an Application available on Facebook.)
- The wall now has 4 filters – highlights, posts by page, posts by others, and friend activity.
- Pin a post to the top of the wall (for up to 7 days). Your Special Package
- Pin a favorite posts by clicking the star. (about your next F&B promotion)
- Your fan posts are in a small box at the top right (Recent posts by others) – you can scroll in this field. It’s easier to view your fan posts on the Posts by others wall filter.
- You cannot set a default wall view – it’s always Highlights.
- Use Hike Tab Builder to create one Tab with an image of your property and link it to your reservation portal.
- Reposition images any time – hover and click the edit pencil.
- Fans and visitors can now private Message fan admins – you can turn this feature off in your settings but it might be a good idea to leave it on to encourage connection from future customers.
- Facebook launches ‘marketing classroom’ for businesses Facebook Marketing Class subscribe to their Classroom.
- If you want to optimize your photos you need to know The Most Precise Measurements Of Timeline Page Images.
- Watch this video to learn more about customizing the look of your Hotel Facebook Page using new features like cover photo. www.youtube.com
If you like this Post doesn’t hesitate to like it or to share it on Facebook.
Everyday my Facebook Page share the latest News, Tweets and Posts about Social Media, E Reputation and Online Marketing, related to Hotel’s World, Don’t Hesitate to Join us.
Feel free to leave your comments below.
Posted by Alain Classe